Archive for August, 2017
Ryde’s Heritage Day
Saturday, August 19 from 12 until 4
Don’t miss our annual celebration of all things Ryde! There will be live music from Cruise n’ Country, displays, vendors, food and a beer tent.
We need your help to make this day successful. Volunteers Needed!
We simply cannot run this event without your help. We need help at the beer tent, bake table, bouncy castle, parking lot and the food table. To volunteer, please contact any Board member.
We are always humbled by the generosity of Gravenhurst when we ask for help. So far these sponsors have stepped up to support Heritage Day: Riverside Rentals, Foodland Ontario, Muskoka Carpet, Blooming Muskoka, AAAA Sanitation, Frank Cooper Construction, Gidley Insurance, Terry Pilger, Sofa Communications, Dave Cruise Auto Sales, Muskoka Brewery and Scotiabank. More sponsors ($100) are most welcome, but please contact Judy before August 8.
The Ryde Co-op has been successful in two more grant applications. We received a Foodland Ontario partnership for $250 towards the purchase of local food for our Heritage Day, and a grant of $500 from Canada Post for patterns and yarn for the Ryde Knitters and Hookers. The intrepid knitters meet at Summerland General Store every Friday morning at 10. With this funding baby layettes will be lovingly created and donated to the hospital. We are very grateful to these funding agencies.
Raise the Roof Raffle
We are having our first ever raffle, with three great prizes! All proceeds will go to our building campaign. Tickets are only $5 each. The draw will be held at our fund-raising dinner on Saturday, November 25.
- A live-edge pine coffee table donated by Richard Break
- A 4 x 4 Barn Quilt
- A deck box donated by Home Building Centre
Can you help out by selling a book of tickets? Please contact any Board member!
Our newest Barn Quilt!
Thanks to Muskoka Community Foundation, we have funding to create a spectacular new 8 x 8 barn quilt in honour of Canada’s 150th birthday. Designed by local artist and Co-op member Sue Ward. This will be a stunning tribute to our country and our community. We are very grateful to John Livingston of Dulux in Orillia for donating the paint.
Radio Interview about Ryde Co-op
Tune in to Hunter’s Bay Radio 88.9 FM on Thursday August 10. Sue Kelly’s Sweet Spot will feature a story on the Ryde Co-op! The show airs at 10:30 am.
- Kim Beighton and Kevin Doucette for generously arranging for a cover charge donation to go to the Ryde Co-op from their Birthday Bash. $663 was collected!
- Bruce Stephenson and Gerrard Newman for cutting the grass at the Co-op
- Sue Ward for donating back her 50/50 win at the June BBQ dinner
- The family of Lorraine Masters for memorial donation to the Co-op
- To the Town of Gravenhurst for hosting a BBQ at the Co-op for the Communities in Bloom judges, and for donating the BBQ!
- To Rod Swartman for diagnosing the fatal illness of our lawn tractor. Rod works on marine and small engines and can be reached at 705-205-9799.
- To Ian McNaughton of Home Hardware in Gravenhusrt for signing on to be our newest Ryder sponsor and also for volunteering at Station 3!
- Thank you to Ted Redpath, Richard Hearne and Doug Campbell for making a horseshoe pit for the Co-op!
Summerland General Store
While you are at the store, don’t forget to order a Fresh Food Basket for $20. Orders must be in by 9 am on Tuesday, August 8th and pick up day is Thursday, August 17th.
SMART and Tai Chi
Join our fun fitness classes. These are offered by trained volunteers and provide not only a great workout, but a social time as well.
Wise Clubhouse – No class this month
The District of Muskoka’s WISE Clubhouse for Seniors For more information, please call Nancy at 705-645-2412 ext. 199.
- Bid Euchre – Every Wed at the Co-op from 1pm.
- VON SMART Exercise program – Every Monday & Wednesday starting at 9:30am.
- WISE Seniors’ Clubhouse – No meeting this month
- Tai Chi and Qigong – Thurs 10:30 – 11:30am – $2
- Ryde Knitters and Hookers – Fridays at Summerland – 10am – $2
- Raffle – Get your tickets for the wonderful prizes – tickets $5 ea
- Hunter Bay Radio Interview – 88.9 FM – Thurs Aug 10th at 10:30am
- Heritage Day – Sat Aug 19, 12 – 4pm
- Board Meeting – Mon, Aug 21 at 10:30 am
- Meet the Needs Seniors Fair-Fri, Sept 15, 10am – 5pm – free lunch and great displays-everyone welcome
- Tim Hortons SMILE Day – Sat Sept 16th. Proceeds going to the Co-op
- Co-op Bottle Drive-Sat, Sept 30.
- Diabetes Clinic – Wed Oct 18th, 705-325-7611 to register
- Octoberfest Dinner – Sat. Oct 18th 5:30pm
- Fundraising Dinner – Sat, Nov 25th
- Holy Manger Anglican Church
1st and 3rd Sunday of each month at
- Summerland General Store
May monthly $20 food basket is due Tues August 8th by 9 am and picked up on Thurs August 17th. Download schedule here:
Your sponsor for August