Memberships due now!
Did you know that as a co-op member, you have an equal share in our Community Hub? One member, one vote. Members enjoy access to our free and low-cost programs, as well as discounts on some meal tickets. More importantly, you are showing your commitment to supporting our own “Place to Be”. There is a membership form available on our website at click here or from any Board member. Only $10 per adult for a year.
Tim Horton’s SMILE Cookie Campaign
A big thank you to Ashley Hrinkanic for choosing the Ryde Co-op as this year’s recipient of the Smile Cookie Campaign, which raised $5300! Thanks to photographer Jennie Nice for capturing this happy moment.
Canada 150 Barn Quilt “Unveiling” Thursday, November 9 at 11:00 am
A beautiful new barn quilt in honour of Canada’s 150th birthday, designed by Sue Ward and funded by Muskoka Community Foundation, will be unveiled at South Meadow Farms at 1083 Barkway Rd. Please join us for a short ceremony and photo op, and then come back to the Co-op for light refreshments.
Foot Care Café – Wednesday, November 15 – 9:30am – 12:00pm
Thanks to a grant from Shopper’s Drug Mart, we are able to offer Foot Care and Blood Pressure Cafes at a reduced rate of $20. Please register. These Cafes will be offered at 6 week intervals, with the next date on Wednesday, January 10. Come and have two important services delivered by qualified nurses Katherine Skelding and Nancy Cronin, and enjoy a hot beverage, snack and as well.
To book an appointment please call Nancy at 705-323-4021
Aging Artfully – Friday, November 17 at 11:00 am
Thanks to the YWCA and a grant from the provincial government, this great free program is coming to the Ryde Co-op! Come on out and join John and Jo-Anne Baird as they lead us through some basic line dancing steps. Light refreshments will be offered. To register please call Krishma Goraya at 705-645-9827.
Ryde into Winter Fundraising Dinner -Saturday, November 25. Meet and greet at 5:30pm, dinner at 6:30pm.
Have you been missing Chef Larry’s wonderful cooking? Get your tickets today for the fantastic gala dinner on Saturday, November 25. Tickets are $60 and are available at Scotiabank in Gravenhurst. As a bonus, new manager Karl Smith is matching the price of every ticket sold!
- To Sifu Jan Wilcox and her Tai Chi class for a generous donation of $155 to the Co-op in honour of Canada’s 150th! Also thanks to Jan for agreeing to instruct a Tai Chi class for the students of Great Moose Academy at the Co-op on Tuesday mornings.
- To our amazing Special Events Committee for a “wonderbar” Oktoberfest Dinner. Tracy, Janis, Wes, Spike, Jill and Dave worked, baked and cooked for hours to make it all happen! Thanks to Barkway Farms for donating a frozen free range chicken for a door prize and to Cliff Fitchett for decor items.
WISE Senior’s Clubhouse – Friday, November 3 – 12:30pm
This month’s Clubhouse features a special program with Stu McKinnon of Emergency Services. The theme is Fiesta! Come on out at 12:30 and enjoy a free lunch. For more information please call Nancy Gosse at 705-645-2100.
Raise the Roof Raffle
Our great prizes will be on display at Scotiabank in Gravenhurst this month. All proceeds will go to our building campaign. Tickets are only $5 each, and are available at Scotiabank and Home Building Centre. The draw will be held at our fund-raising dinner on Sat, Nov 25. Prizes are:
- A live-edge pine coffee table donated by Richard Break
- A 4 x 4 Barn Quilt
- A deck box donated by Home Building Centre
The Muskoka Concert Association presents Voice of a Nation at the Gravenhurst Opera House. Sunday, November 19th at 2pm.
Tickets: Adults $32, Students $7, Group $27. Voice of a Nation is a collaborative family concert featuring indigenous artists. Presented by the Toronto Concert Orchestra in recognition of Canada’s 150th. The voices of Muskoka Women featuring Rachelle Robinson and Beulah Sopher from the Ryde Community will be performing during the introduction.
Summerland General Store
The next basket will be delivered Thursday, November 16. Please have your $20 delivered to the Summerland General Store by Tuesday, November 7 at 9:30. Thanks to Carrie and Ron for their ongoing support of this program! http://bit.ly/2vKbXz6
Come and move your way to fitness with World Beat!!
Nancy Knapp is offering dance and choreography as part of your fitness program. Steps can be modified as needed; move at your own pace. This class will be a gentle introduction to the steps and routines with verbal cues. If it looks like fun, it is!! Nancy is trained in Zumba and choreography based fitness programs. Classes will begin in December date TBA.
To Co-op Member Joan Kernohan on receiving her 20 year award from the Auxiliary of South Muskoka Memorial Hospital.
- Bid Euchre – Every Wed at the Co-op from 1pm.
- VON SMART Exercise program – Every Monday & Wednesday starting at 9:30am.
- WISE Seniors’ Clubhouse – Fri Nov 3rd – 12:30pm
- WISE Seniors’ Clubhouse – Fri Dec 1st – Free festive lunch
- Tai Chi and Qigong – Thursdays 10:30 – 11:30am – $2
- Ryde Knitters and Hookers – Fridays at Summerland – 10am – $2
- Raffle – Get your tickets for the wonderful prizes – tickets $5
- Barn Quilt “Unveiling” – Thurs Nov 9th – 11:00am
- Foot Care Café – Wed Nov 15th 9:30 – noon – $20
- Aging Artfully – Fri Nov 17th – 11am
- Voice of a Nation Concert – Sun Nov 19th – 2pm
- Fundraising Dinner – Sat, Nov 25th – pm
- Kids Movie and Make a Craft Event – Sat Dec 2nd – 1pm
- Board Meeting – Dec 4th – 10:30am at the Co-op
- Summerland General Store
Dec monthly $20 food basket is due Tues 12th by 9 am and picked up on Thurs 21st. Download schedule here: http://bit.ly/2vKbXz6
- Holy Manger Anglican Church
Holy Manger Anglican Church would like to thank Larry Peck for his contribution and to thank Colin Edwards and Mike Barr for all their hard work putting in the new walkway and front foyer floor. So appreciated by all!
- Ryde Centennial Free Methodist Church
Worship service Sundays at 11am.
Your sponsor for November is: